- Today will be nice! The National Weather Service forecasts a sunny day, with a high near 82 and tonight is supposed to be mostly clear, with a low around 62.
- Thursday is the last of the SoundWaves Concert Series at Esker Point. The Ryan Montbleau Band is this week’s featured band. The show starts at 6 p.m. there is tree parking and free bus shuttle (runs continuously from 5:00 to 8:45 pm) is available at Fitch High School. If weather is questionable, call 860-441-6791 after 3 p.m. to confirm the status of the concert.
- Saturday is the last day Mystic’s popular landmark, The Emporium, which is on Water Street, will be open to the public. Be sure to drop in and bid a fond farewell.
- The Groton Senior Center is hosting a luau today from 11:30 to 1:30 p.m.! Pay $13 to $15 dollars for entertainment by “The Four Strings” a ukulele band and presumably there will be lots of ham and pineapple.
- If you are a non-profit organization or a private property owner whose historic property has been damaged by Hurricane Sandy, you should attend a meeting to learn more about a grant program. It’s at New London City Hall at 7 p.m.