- The National Weather Service has been shut down so we’re using Weather Underground today, who says today will be a great day. They say it’ll be clear with a high of 81F and tonight will be clear with a low of 55F.
- Wednesday muni meetings: The Town & City Council/BOE/RTM Liaison Committee meets at 6 p.m. in the Board of Education Administrative Office, Groton Long Point Association - Board of Directors and Zoning Commission meets at 7 p.m. in the Meeting Room.
- Wednesday: There’s a steak dinner tonight at the Lions Club and proceeds will benefit the Lions Clubs International Foundation. Tickets are $20 and the dinner includes salad, steak, potato, vegetable, dessert and non-alcoholic bevies. Contact Millie Burke 860-320-0676 or email email@example.com for tickets.
- Get your tickets to the Mystic and Noank Library’s Diamonds and Denim fundraiser. It’ll be at Hummingbird Hollow Farm where they’lll be serving cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, an elegant barbecue (with lots of vegetarian options), dessert, live music and surprises! They says there’s an interesting and eclectic group of Silent and Live Auction items you won't be able to resist. Check this webiste for those items. Tickets are $75 ($30 is tax deductible). To purchase individual tickets online, click HERE.
- The Dept. of Economic and Community Development and the Dept. of Labor will be at the Groton Municipal Building to speak with small business owners about how their companies can benefit from programs, such as Small Business Express (EXP), Job Expansion Tax Credit (JET), and Subsidized Training and Employment (STEP-UP), just to name three. Local business people will also have an opportunity to meet one-on-one with members of the State economic development staff, who will be available to answer any questions. They’ll be there beginning at 8 a.m.