- Hey! Today’s going to be as nice as yesterday! Weather Underground says it will be Clear with a high of 81F and tonight will be clear with a low of 55F.
- Thursday muni meetings: The Economic Development Commission meets at 4:30 p.m. in the Town Hall Annex - Community Room 3.
- Maureen Gillis, Certified Advanced Master Gardener and Master Composter will present the history, health benefits of garlic. She will cover how to select the right varieties, plant, cultivate, store and much more at the Groton Public Library. The program is free, no registration required and is part of the library's Food for Thought October programming.
- Get your tickets to the Mystic and Noank Library’s Diamonds and Denim fundraiser. It’ll be at Hummingbird Hollow Farm where they will be serving cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, an elegant barbecue (with lots of vegetarian options), dessert, live music and surprises! They says there’s an interesting and eclectic group of Silent and Live Auction items you won't be able to resist. Check this website for those items. Tickets are $75 ($30 is tax deductible). To purchase individual tickets online, click HERE.
- The Dept. of Economic and Community Development and the Dept. of Labor will be at the Groton Municipal Building to speak with small business owners about how their companies can benefit from programs, such as Small Business Express (EXP), Job Expansion Tax Credit (JET), and Subsidized Training and Employment (STEP-UP), just to name three. Local business people will also have an opportunity to meet one-on-one with members of the State economic development staff, who will be available to answer any questions. They’ll be there beginning at 8 a.m.