- We can expect some patchy fog before 9am but otherwise, sunny, with a high near 83 today. And tonight, we may see some patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 66, according to the National Weather Service.
- Thursday is the last of the SoundWaves Concert Series at Esker Point. The Ryan Montbleau Band is this week’s featured band. The show starts at 6 p.m. there is tree parking and free bus shuttle (runs continuously from 5:00 to 8:45 pm) is available at Fitch High School. If weather is questionable, call 860-441-6791 after 3 p.m. to confirm the status of the concert.
- Saturday is the last day Mystic’s popular landmark, The Emporium, which is on Water Street, will be open to the public. Be sure to drop in and bid a fond farewell.
- Myth, Maggots, Minie Balls, Gangrene and Glory is the title of tonight's discussion at the Groton Public Library. It's connected to the Civil War 150 exhibit and it's a Civil War medical program led by Carolyn Ivanoff, author of a variety of educational and professional development programs for schools and organizations. It's free.
- Have you hunted down the wild poems around town? The Mystic Arts Center is has installed eleven poetry boxes throughout the town of Mystic for the Poetry of the Wild / Mystic Installation. This will be the last stop of Poetry of the Wild in its tour through southeastern Connecticut. The Mystic installation features entirely the voices of local poets; many of the makers of the boxes also did their own poems. Click here for a list of locations.Groton Public Library is a a Civil War medical program led by Carolyn Ivanoff, author of a variety of educational and professional development programs for schools and organizations; free.