Do you want to boost your testosterone levels? If so, consider some natural ways to achieve your goal, including changing your lifestyle, your diet and your exercise. You may also want to take supplements and herbs to increase these levels.
Testosterone is a naturally occurring hormone made by the body. It helps stimulate and maintain bone strength. It is also responsible for sexual arousal and function, muscular hypertrophy, densification of bones and hair growth. Testosterone development and secretion starts when we are babies, but picks up during adolescence. Around age 30, a man's testosterone levels begin to decline, and they continue to do so as he ages. Another thing worth understanding about testosterone is that both men and women have testosterone, but males have about 10 times the amount.
Making Lifestyle Changes to Increase Testosterone
To enhance their bodies, some people do bulking and cutting cycles with sustanon; however, if you want to try some natural methods, you’ll need to make some lifestyle changes first. For example, if you’re overweight, shedding pounds will raise your testosterone levels.
* Get the right kind of exercise. Heavy-resistance exercise has been shown to help strengthen bones, increase muscle size and strength and increase testosterone levels. It’s also important to include rest intervals between sets; however, it is possible to over-train. Recent research has concluded that endurance training in marathon runners resulted in decreased testosterone levels.
* Eat the right foods. Low-fat diets may not be the best option for people wanting to increase testosterone levels. Research has shown that monounsaturated fat and saturated fat dramatically increase testosterone levels. You also want to have a diet low in fiber. Whey protein consumed after exercise can further boost your testosterone.
* Get enough sleep. Make sure you get a full night’s sleep every night to maintain testosterone levels.
* Reduce your stress. When you’re under a lot of stress, your body releases high levels of the stress hormone cortisol, which blocks the effects of testosterone.
Herbs and Supplements to Increase Testosterone
Here are a few herbs and supplements you might consider taking:
1. Eurycoma Longifolia. Native to Southeast Asia, this herb has been used as an aphrodisiac to aid in sexual disorders by potentially increasing testosterone levels.
2. Tribulus Terrestris. This is an herb found in many areas around the world. It helps raise testosterone by raising the production of the LH hormone in the body, which stimulates the body to start producing more testosterone.
3. DHEA. This is a supplement that is a precursor to androstenedione, which is a generator of testosterone.
4. Vitamin D. Since this vitamin helps increase testosterone levels, you may want to consider taking a supplement, especially in the winter months.
There Are Natural Ways to Boost Testosterone
As you can see, it’s possible to naturally increase your testosterone levels, but it’s a good idea to get your levels checked first so you know if taking these supplements will benefit you.
About the Author: John Ellis is a personal trainer and a nutrition expert. He enjoys advising male clients on how to naturally boost their testosterone levels.