June 2014 – Middle school students from Griswold, Groton, Ledyard, Mystic, New London, Niantic, North Stonington, Norwich, Oakdale, Old Lyme, Pawcatuck, Salem, Waterford and Norwich were recognized as the state’s top Scholar Leaders at the 2014 Connecticut Association of Schools (CAS) Scholar Leader Banquet sponsored by the Connecticut and Western Massachusetts McDonald’s Owner/Operator Association. As part of its long standing commitment to supporting educational programs, McDonald’s owner/operators joined CAS to honor the following local students as the best of the best in the state at the banquet:
- Tanner Rubino and Derek Janca, Griswold Middle School, Griswold
- Jade Rodriguez and Ryan Tuohy, West Side Middle School, Groton
- Erika deAndrade and Charles Crain, Ledyard Middle School, Ledyard
- Kristina Codilla and Thomas Readett, Cutler Middle School, Mystic
- Trinity Lennon and Adam Gibbs, Mystic Middle School, Mystic
- Lindsey Kollmer and Ryan Taylor, East Lyme Middle School, Niantic
- Chelsea Darling-Watt and Ryan Condon, Wheeler Middle School, North Stonington
- Maura Sanchi and Gabriel Martucci, Kelly Middle School, Norwich
- Ashley Lac and Allan Feng, Teachers` Memorial Middle School, Norwich
- Sheyenne Gillis and Joshua S. Archibald, Leonard J Tyl Middle School, Oakdale
- Miranda Nazzaro and Benjamin Anderson, Pawcatuck Middle School, Pawcatuck
- Emily Rogers and Dylan Miller, Salem School, Salem
- Kelly Daigneault and Ryan Kornacki, Voluntown Elementary School, Voluntown
- Meah Zerio and Walker Sutman, Clark Lane Middle School, Waterford
“McDonald’s is proud to partner with CAS to congratulate and honor Connecticut’s top middle school students. We are pleased to recognize these scholar-leaders for their outstanding achievements inside the classroom and within their local communities,” said Rachel Deane, a local McDonald’s owner/operator and president of the Connecticut and Western Massachusetts McDonald’s Owner/Operator Association.
The Connecticut Scholar Leader Awards is the largest program of its type in the state. The award is presented to one male and one female student in each middle school whose record of academic achievement and service have been truly exemplary, whose personal standards and accomplishments are a model for others and who possess high levels of integrity, self discipline, honesty and courage.
The Connecticut and Western Massachusetts McDonald’s Owner/Operator Association is comprised of local McDonald’s restaurant owners who are community and industry leaders. They have a long-standing commitment to supporting educational initiatives and organizations in the communities they serve, including providing resources to promote balanced, active lifestyles to kids and nutritional information for families. For more information, follow us on Facebook or Twitter @McD_CTWMA.
McDonald's USA, LLC, serves a variety of menu options made with quality ingredients to more than 27 million customers every day. Nearly 90 percent of McDonald's 14,000 U.S. restaurants are independently owned and operated by businessmen and women. Customers can now log online for free at approximately 11,500 participating Wi-Fi enabled McDonald's U.S. restaurants. For more information, visit www.mcdonalds.com, or follow us on Twitter @McDonalds and Facebook www.facebook.com/mcdonalds.