1. The National Weather Service predicts rain before 8 a.m., then cloudy skies and a high temperature of 60 degrees. Tonight will be mostly cloudy with a low of 50.
2. The Groton Board of Education’s policy committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. today, followed by a regular meeting of the board at 7 p.m. in the music room of the Groton Senior Center. The policy committee will discuss items including attendance, the bullying policy and the adult education policy.
3. West Side Middle school will hold its annual Community Fall Festival from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. today at Washington Park. The goal is to bring people together for the event after the consolidation of Groton’s middle schools, and organizers expect 800 to 1,000 people to attend.
4. The Navy in Southeastern Connecticut will hold an event at 9 a.m. on Friday at the Historic Ship Nautilus and Submarine Force Museum to celebrate the 237th birthday of the Navy. The event will include a bell ringing, cake and music by West Side Middle School in Groton.
5. The Groton Senior Center will host a flu shot clinic from 9 a.m. until noon on Oct. 18 at the center. The Visiting Nurse Association will give the shots. No appointment is needed, but bring your insurance information.