1. Today is Wednesday, Feb. 20. The National Weather Service predicts mostly sunny skies, a high temperature of 34 degrees and a breeze of 13 to 20 mph, with gusts of up to 30 mph. Tonight will be partly cloudy with a low of 23 degrees.
2. The case of a Groton man arrested last month on child pornography and drug charges has had his case moved to New London’s Part A court for serious felonies. Mark Veroneau, 52, of 40 Spyglass Circle in Groton, is charged with third-degree possession of child pornography, possession of narcotics, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, and having narcotics not in an original container, according to a police department news release. His next court date is Feb. 26.
3. AWL will hold its 3rd Have-A-Heart Resale Fundraiser from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Feb. 23 and from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Feb. 24 at Boilermakers Lodge 614, 33 Sacred Heart Drive in Groton. The event raises money to help New London pound animals, and the group is asking for items in good condition for resale. For more information, call (860) 445-0280.
4. Noank Baptist Church’s Co-Op Youth is holding a soup supper from 5 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 22 at the church. The meal includes a salad bar, breads and desserts to go along with homemade soups donated by church members.
5. The Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut will hold a business breakfast on tourism as an economic development driver, from 7:45 a.m. until 9 a.m. on Feb. 22 at the Hilton Mystic. Senator Don Williams, President Pro Tempore, will deliver the keynote address. The cost is $17 for members and $25 for non members, with an additional $5 walk-in fee.