1. Today is Wednesday, May 16. The National Weather Service predicts patchy fog before 9 a.m., then showers and possible thunderstorms, and a high temperature of 65 degrees. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low of 50 degrees.
2. Students attending , , and will have early release days on May 25 and on June 13. The early release days only apply to those four schools because teachers are using the time to pack classrooms. Mary Morrisson must be empty by the end of the school year so crews can remove asbestos floor tile, and Groton middle schools are consolidating.
3. The Board of Education has adopted the southeastern regional calendar for the 2012-13 school year and scheduled next year’s graduation for June 21, 2013. The board considered moving the graduation date up to June 14, but opted to allow more time for potential snow days.
4. Groton’s Annual Business Update will be held from 7:30 a.m. until 9 a.m. on Thursday at the . Speakers will include Kathleen Burns, of Noank Shipyard & Work Vessels for Vets, Robert Wood, of AirWell Water Inc., and others. Groton Utilities and Thames Valley Communications are sponsoring the breakfast. The cost of attendance is $15 per person. For more information, call (860) 572-9578.
5. Representative Town Meeting continues its budget deliberations at 7 p.m. today in the Groton Senior Center. Budgets scheduled for discussion include health, service and cultural agencies and the libraries.