1. Today is Friday, Aug. 3. The National Weather Service predicts mostly sunny skies, a high temperature of 81 degrees and a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 5 p.m. The low will drop to 73 degrees tonight.
2. Groton Public Library is now connected to JOBNOW, an online resource for people looking for work. The job site offers help with resumes, cover letters and interviews.
For example, you can enter your resume through the site’s resume lab anytime, and hear back within 24 hours from a coach offering suggested improvements. The coaches at JOBNOW have had background checks.
To access JOBNOW, visit the library’s website at www.grotonpl.org, then enter the barcode from your library card. You can also visit the library and ask a librarian to show you how it works.
3. The Groton Public Schools will continue to have hand sanitizer in schools near the sinks and in halls and cafeterias. According to a briefing memo by Interim Superintendent Randall Collins, the district installed the sanitizers about two years ago due to the threat of the H1NI flu, but recently recieved complaints about isolated cases of children eating the sanitizer. The district spoke to Ledge Light Health District and the health district supports keeping them there.
4. The USS Dallas' FRGs will hold the group's 1st multi-family yard sale starting at 7 a.m. on Saturday in the Shepherd of The Sea parking lot. The church is at 123 Gungywamp Road.
5. Pick up some fresh, The market offers fruits and vegetables, meat, honey, eggs, maple syrup, herbs, cheese and other items. The market runs from June 3 to October 28.