1. Today is Wednesday, Sept. 26. The National Weather Service predicts cloudy skies, isolated showers and thunderstorms and a high temperature of 74 degrees. Scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected to continue tonight, and he low will fall to 58 degrees.
2. The Groton Board of Education will hold a special meeting as a board retreat at 6 p.m. on Oct. 1 in the school administrative offices. The agenda includes an executive session to evaluate the interim superintendent. Interim Superintendent Randall Collins is leaving his post at the end of this month.
as Groton’s next interim superintendent. Superintendent Paul Kadri remains on leave.
3. The Boys & Girls Club of Southeastern CT is still accepting students for the after school program at Claude Chester Elementary School if you work and need child care. The program is open to Claude Chester students in first through 5th grade, and stays open weekdays from 3:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. The program also follows the Groton school calendar, so if there's a half day of school, there's a longer session at the after school program to make up the time. For more information, call (860) 574-9040.
4. The Groton chapter of Fresh Connections, a professional women’s networking organization, meets at 8:45 a.m. today at Webster Bank on Long Hill Road if you'd like to stop by. It's free, and includes both business owners and employees seeking to network with other working women, exchange ideas, get support and learn new ways to succeed in business.
5. The Bill Memorial Library in Groton City Groton is looking for children ages 3 – 5 to join Fabulous Fall StoryTime. It's held on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. and includes classic stories, song time with live music, fingerplays, and crafts. Registration is necessary; for more information, stop in or call (860) 445-0392.