1. Rain, rain, thunder, rain, says noaa.gov: "Showers likely before noon, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between noon and 3pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 51. East wind between 3 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms."
2. We've got great local establishments vying for (a big award, we know): , , , and the . Voting ends at 9 a.m. and the winner will be posted Saturday morning.
3. If you are a business in town, that Patch is staging in cooperation with the Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce. At the session we will walk you through our fabulous business directory, , and teach you how to use all the great areas of the Patch platform that are available to the community. Space is limited and registration is required.
4. The forecast for Saturday is clear skies and mild temperatures, meaning it will be a perfect day for New London's Annual Irish Parade. Look for the Patch marching contingent, we will be hurling t-shirts and passing out balloons.
5. The has new fiction arrivals:
- Into the Darkness by V. C. Andrews
- Stay Close by Harlan Coben
- The Thief by Clive Cussler
- Blue Monday by Nicci French
- Gossip by Beth Gutcheon
- Victims: An Alex Delaware Novel by Jonathan Kellerman
- Fall from Grace by Richard North Patterson
- Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult
- Betrayal by Danielle Steel