1. Today is Monday, Dec. 3. The National Weather Service predicts mostly sunny skies and a high temperature of 53 degrees. The low will drop to 43 degrees tonight.
2. The Groton Board of Education’s policy committee meets at 5:30 p.m. today in the school administration building and will discuss whether to have high school students pay for parking. Other topics on the agenda include use of the districts policy on bullying, use of the baseball field and using other school fields and facilities for profit.
3. On Wednesday, a liaison committee of the school board, city council, town council and Representative Town Meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the media center of Claude Chester Elementary School. Topics include the budget process, playing fields, and updates on redistricting and contracts.
4. It’s a bit of a ride, but the Wood Memorial Library and Museum in South Windsor holds its Gingerbread House Festival and Display at 10 a.m. today through Dec. 14. The display is free. The library at 783 Main Street South Windsor is open from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Mondays and Thursdays and from noon until 6 p.m. on weekends.
5. The Southeastern Connecticut Tea Party will hold its monthly meeting at 7 p.m. on Dec. 5 at Groton Public Library. Jenn Ezzell will talk about bills legislators have submitted and rate them.