1. Today is Tuesday, Sept. 18. The National Weather Service predicts cloudy skies, a high temperature of 73 degrees and a chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10 a.m., with more storms likely after 2 p.m. Tonight will be breezy, with a heavy rain and a low of 67 degrees.
2. The Board of Education will meet in executive session tonight to interview three candidates for interim superintendent. School Board Chairwoman Kirsten Hoyt declined to give their names. Interim Superintendent Randall Collins leaves Sept. 28.
3. Groton Human Services is taking TVCCA applications for energy assistance if you need help. The Connecticut's Energy Assistance Program is paid for by a federal low income energy assistance program and pays for fuel deliveries for those who are qualified. To apply, contact Groton Human Services at (860) 441-6760.
4. The Town Council's Committee of the Whole will hold a special meeting at 6 p.m. tonight in the Town Hall Annex to discuss the budget process for the 2014 fiscal year. The council will then hold its regular meeting at 7:30, and discuss several appointments, including the appointment of William Everett to the Historic District Commission.
5. RiverWalk Restaurant will hold a wine tasting at 6:30 p.m. today to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Southeastern Connecticut. The cost is $25, which could give a teenager in New London a teen center membership or provided needed supplies for the Groton site.