1. Today is Wednesday, July 25. The National Weather Service predicts sunny skies, a high temperature of 80 degrees. Tonight there’s a 20 percent chance of showers after midnight, and the low will fall to 63 degrees.
2. The school department has notified all of the parents or guardians of children who attend programs that are being moved this year, according to a briefing memo by Interim Superintendent Randall Collins. The district plans to hold open houses for the programs before school begins, and will send parents letters about the events.
3. Bill Memorial Library will offer a program about at 1 p.m. today for kids in grades 1-5. Local author and illustrator Anna Westbrook , who has been writing journals since she was 8 years old, will lead the workshop. Registration is required; for more information call the library at (860) 445-0392.
4. Employees from Mohegan Sun will work at from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Thursday to help the center will building repairs and other projects to keep costs down. The employees are taking part in the “United Way Day of Caring”, in which local businesses help non-profit groups with repairs, gardening and similar tasks.
5. The Coastline Swing Band will play at 6:30 p.m. on Friday in Washington Park as part of the concerts in the park series. If you haven’t been, this is another chance. All of the concerts are free.