1. Today is Tuesday, Feb. 19. The National Weather Service predicts an 80 percent chance of showers, mostly after 2 p.m., and a high temperature of 47 degrees. Tonight will be breezy, with a 90 percent chance of rain and a low of 20 degrees.
2. A public information meeting will be held at 6 p.m. on Feb. 20 in the Town Hall Annex to discuss the results of the Groton Long Point Road Bridge Study. The study team will give a presentation first, then take questions from the public. In case of bad weather, the meeting will be held on Feb. 28 at the same time and place.
3. The Third Annul Black Heritage Month Gospel Choir Concert will be held at 4 p.m. on Feb. 23 at Seaport Community Church at 28 Great Brook Road in Groton. The event will feature the award-winning gospel recording artist Rev. Milton Biggham and choirs from Connecticut, New York and New Jersey. For more information, call Rev. Joseph M. Brickhouse, Sr. at (860) 694-5979, ext. 3341.
4. UConn Head Baseball Coach Jim Penders will speak during a free event previewing the Mystic Schooners' summer season. The event will be held from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 27 at the Mystic Arts Center, and light refreshments will be served. For more information, send an email to email@example.com.
5. The Groton Board of Education continues discussing the education budget for the coming fiscal year at 6 p.m. today in Room 11 of the school administration office. Interim Superintendent John Ramos proposed a $76.6 million education budget for the coming fiscal year, a 5.54 percent increase over last year's spending plan.