1. Today is Monday, Oct. 22. The National Weather Service predicts sunny skies and a high temperature of 65 degrees. The low will drop to 53 tonight.
2. The Groton Board of Education’s Committee of the Whole meetings at 5:30 p.m. in the school administration building. Agenda items include an update on facilities projects and executive reports from West Side Middle School, Cutler Middle School, Fitch High School, Catherine Kolnaski Magnet School and Northeast Academy.
3. Groton Senior Citizens Club 55 will donate $4,000 this holiday season, including $2,000 for fuel assistance for seniors who don’t qualify for federal help but are struggling to pay their bills. The money will also be used to buy turkeys at Thanksgiving and Christmas and holiday gifts.
4. The Groton Holiday Lights Parade and tree lighting will be held this year at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 1. The Groton Business Association and Town Department of Parks and Recreation are encouraging groups that want to participate to register now. The deadline is Nov. 16. For more information, call (860) 536-5682.
5. Groton Public Library is offering a behind the scenes tour of the library at 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. today. The tour is free, and those who attend can learn about library services and future plans for the library.