1. Today is Friday, Nov. 30. The National Weather Service predicts partly sunny skies and a high temperature of 43 degrees. There’s a 20 percent chance of rain before 9 p.m., then a mix of snow and freezing drizzle until midnight. The low will fall to 34 degrees tonight.
2. Bill Memorial Library in Groton City will host a free holiday craft program for children from noon until 2 p.m. on Saturday if you're looking for something to do with the kids. The program is a chance for children to make gifts for adults and bring their creations home. For more information, call (860) 445-0392.
3. Bishop Seabury Anglican Church will hold its Holly Berry Craft Fair from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Saturday also. The program is at the Groton Inn and Suites on Gold Star Highway, is free and includes holiday gifts and crafts, a children’s corner, the Seabury Boutique and a bake sale.
4. Another craft night is planned early next week. Noank Baptist Church will hold its Community Christmas Craft Night from 6:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. on Tuesday. Snacks and drinks will be provided, and there will be crafts for children of all ages, from pre-school age to high school. For more information, call (860) 536-7129.
5. Naval Submarine Base New London is having a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 11 a.m. today for a new training facility outside Nimitz Hall. The facility was one of two projects costing a total of $3.22 million that the state invested in last December.
Robert Ross, executive director of state’s office of military affairs, Capt. Marc Denno, commanding officer of the sub base and Capt. David Roberts, commanding officer of the sub school are expected to speak at the event. The ribbon cutting is closed to the public.