1. Today is Wednesday, Oct. 3. The National Weather Service predicts cloudy skies, a high temperature of 73 degrees and a 30 percent chance of rain. The low will fall to 60 degrees tonight.
2. Members of the Groton School Board will hold a negotiating session with the Groton Education Association from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. in the school administration building. The Association represents about 450 teachers in the public schools
3. The Groton Public Library is presenting a program on the history of the Norwich State Hospital at 7 p.m. today in the library. The film, A Land Lost, which was produced by students from Norwich Free Academy, will be followed by a discussion. after the film. There’s also a photography exhibit of the hospital, which will be on display during October.
4. The Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce will celebrate the grand opening of Best Health Physical Therapy with a ribbon-cutting ceremony from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. on October 12 at the business at 772 Long Hill Road. Business owner Travis Lombardi has a master’s degree in physical therapy from the University of Massachusetts at Lowell and worked at Lawrence & Memorial’s outpatient rehabilitation department for many years before going into private practice.
5. On Saturday October 13, Stonington-Mystic Patch <http://stonington.patch.com/listings/stonington-mystic-patch> , Groton Patch <http://groton.patch.com/> and the Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce <http://stonington.patch.com/listings/greater-mystic-chamber-of-commerce> are holding a cash mob in downtown Mystic. Ten great local businesses are participating in the event and many of them will have specials for mobsters. We are taking advanced registrations on Patch. All you need to register <http://stonington.patch.com/articles/cash-mob> is your email address and zip code, and be willing to spend at least $20 on Saturday, October 13 in downtown Mystic. For questions email Stonington-Mystic Patch EditorBree Shirvell <mailto:email@example.com> .