With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to Linen Press in Mystic and pick out some pretty bathroom soaps with a matching towel and soap stand for teachers, relatives and neighbors.
- Go to Mystic Florist for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to and pick out a few fun titles for the children in your family, or your kid’s friends.
- Go to North End Deli and Caterers in Groton and order a holiday pie or box of cookies that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to Great Brook Sports in Groton and pick up a gift certificate or new golf clubs or golf accessories for the athlete in your life.
- Go to the Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or spa treatment.
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.