The town council unanimously approved rate changes for Shenecossett Golf Course designed to maximize course usage at its meeting at the Town Hall Annex Tuesday night.
In a memo to the town manager and town council last week, Parks and Recreation Director Mark Berry said the golf course lost $9,000 in revenue after it raised the season pass rates by 3 percent in 2012. Berry said he wanted to stem that tide and increase course usage during off-peak and off-season times.
Berry's recommendations were previously approved by the town's Golf Advisory Board and the Parks and Recreation Commission. There were no public comments on the changes.
The new changes:
- Keep the Season Pass rate the same.
- Reduce the weekend and weekday twilight rates by $3, or 14 percent.
- Reduce 9-hole weekend rates after noon by $7, or 29 percent
- Reduce 9-hole weekday rates after noon by $3, or 14 percent.
- Keep golf cart rates the same.